Columbia Sportswear Company Materials Costing Analyst in Portland, Oregon
Materials Costing Analyst
United States, Oregon, Portland
1000035V Requisition #
2 days ago Post Date
Summary: Partner with the materials research team, product costing team and global LO counterparts to optimize seasonal costing.
- Partner with product creation team to drive strategic decisions that enable optimal product value and margin achievement.
- Influence and partner with LOs and vendors to ensure delivery of predictable and competitive raw material costs. Assist in developing and maintaining vendor cost performance metrics.
- Lead trim and material palette cost analysis (season over season) in preparation for vendor meetings and negotiations.
- Support broader Apparel/Footwear Costing and LO teams to develop and implement cost standards, tools, and processes that enable efficient seasonal costing.
- Publish reporting monthly to alert cross functional teams of exchange rates, commodity trends and minimum wage increases globally. Cater information to region and brand as needed. Communicate freely with global teams to gather information regarding commodity trends.
- Maintain awareness of market trends, studying third party intelligence to familiarize self with fiber / yarn pricing and other industry news.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to calendar deadlines for key costing-related activities.
- Ensure that accurate and timely costing records are maintained in PDM system to meet key financial and product development milestones.
- Assist in costing projects with cross functional teams.
- Possess working knowledge of apparel/footwear construction and cost drivers.
- 3-5 years of experience in apparel/footwear or other soft goods sourcing, development, costing, production, or a manufacturing environment.
- Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and WebEx skills preferred.
- Requires an ability to read, write, and speak English, within daily activities and ability to communicate with vendors and global employees. Ability to speak other languages a plus!
- Ability to work well with all individuals of different countries and cultures.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and organizational skills.
- Understands ambiguity and can work in an evolving environment.
- Ability to deal with work and time pressures to accomplish job requirements in an efficient and effective manner.
- College degree in business, apparel/textiles, manufacturing, accounting, finance or related experience.
- Attendance at evening/weekend meetings may be required.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age