Columbia Sportswear Company Sr. Director, Retail Operations in Beaverton, Oregon
Sr. Director, Retail Operations
United States, Oregon, Beaverton
100004GX Requisition #
Apr 30, 2018 Post Date
We are a Brand-Led, Consumer Focused organization, and the leader of ourColumbia Sportswear Company field and store operations teams will work with keystakeholders to cultivate a high-performance culture, driving for resultsthrough exceptional execution of the retail strategies in all of our stores,create programs that ensure talent development at all levels, and create memorableexperiences in our stores for our consumers that are brand enhancing.
- Collaborate with the SVP, Direct-to-Consumer tocreate and execute the strategies in Brick and Mortar Stores that areconsistent to the overall enterprise
- Ensure that all strategies and execution tacticsare communicated to the stores in a clear, cohesive manner that supportsmessages of exceptional execution, compete to win, drive for results.Understand change impacts and ensurecommunication supports change management
- Achieve profitable and sustainable market sharegrowth in all Columbia Sportswear Company B&M locations
- Elevate talent and succession planning in thefield that enables cross-functional promotion opportunities within the stores,regions, headquarters within Retail and other parts of the organization
- Deliver an outstanding differentiated shoppingexperience to our consumers in each channel through ongoing training (e.g.,product knowledge, brand ambassadorship, selling skills, customer service /experience) and development of leaders
- Use dialogue to create and iterate operationalprocedures, policy guidelines, workforce optimization, and develop solutions toincrease brand awareness, productivity, workflows and profitability
- Lead the exceptional execution of new stores workingwith all cross-functional and retail partners from creation of store concepts, siteselection, pre-opening activities, post-opening review, leading the new storeto meet all revenue and profitability metrics.
- Drive data decision making process through dataanalytics, reason and business acumen.
- Directly manage the 5 Direct reports: TwoRegional Directors, Workforce Optimization Manager, Communications and TrainingManager and Retail Operations Coordinator. Many indirect reports
- Proven track record of strategy creation andstrategic execution; take an idea from concept to execution
- Problem solver ability to understand the issueat hand a find / create solutions that are aligned with CSC culture and values
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive retail management experience in the retail industry, preferably in a vertical retailer and/or apparel retailer.
- Demonstrated success in store management, operations, leadership and team/staff management.
- Demonstrated proficiency managing multiple fast paced, complex projects simultaneously. Demonstrated ability to function effectively and comfortably, working across functions and geographies in a highly matrixed organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing or directly related field. Equivalent related experience can substitute for degree. MBA preferred