Columbia Sportswear Company Capital Asset Accounting Manager in Portland, Oregon
Capital Asset Accounting Manager
United States, Oregon, Portland
100004ZT Requisition #
3 days ago Post Date
As ColumbiaSportswear’s Capital Asset Accounting Manager you will play a leadership roleon the Corporate and North America Accounting Team, responsible for theaccounting of owned and leased capital assets, inclusive of intangible assets. Here you’ll be looked to as a subject matterexpert for Columbia accounting teams located across the globe. Your expertiseand insight will be relied upon for capital approval processes with executiveleadership, providing decision-making on capital versus expense determination.
Within thisrole you will collaborate and function as a key business partner to crossfunctional departments such as IT, Facilities, Retail and DistributionOperation, and other Finance functions. You’lloversee the establishment and maintenance of the Company’s global accountingpolicies and procedures for capital assets and leases.
Teamleadership responsibilities will exist in training, coaching and developing ateam of two or more professional accountants.
- Develop, maintain and ensure compliance with the Company’s global capital asset and lease accounting policies for the proper recording and valuation of long-lived assets (tangible and intangible).
- Oversee global lease accounting policies and processes, including development and oversight of centralized or shared services for key aspects of lease accounting and reporting.
- Provide periodic management reporting and analysis over global fixed assets and leased assets, including coordination with and compilation of information and analysis from all global locations.
- Manage all aspects of asset accounting and reporting from initial approval to disposal for all North America entities.
- Support capital project managers by analyzing project plans for capitalization determination and by monitoring & reporting capitalized costs through the life of the projects. Projects will include software - internally develop or acquired – and Retail store builds and remodels. The role will work closely with FP&A and business managers to monitor project cost performance.
- Monitor, assess and record asset impairment of fixed and intangible assets, including retail stores. Engage and work with valuation specialists and auditors as necessary to support proper accounting and disclosure of impairment events.
- Partner with the tax function to support tax accounting requirements relating to capital assets and leased assets.
- Engage with Procurement and Accounts Payable to develop and maintain end-to-end processes for appropriate approval and coding of fixed assets purchases and payments.
- Execute and/or review month-end close activities including journal entry, account reconciliations and account analyses. Prepare deliverables to support the Financial reporting team processes for public filing and board of director reporting.
- Drive ongoing process re-engineering of existing asset and project accounting processes and procedures to eliminate non value-added activities, reduce processing time and eliminate manual intervention.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 5-7 years of progressive accounting experience
- Experience in public accounting and corporate accounting within a large, multinational, publicly-held company preferred
- Strong US GAAP experience and technical accounting knowledge, with preference for proven experience in fixed assets, project, leases and retail industry experience
- 1-3 years supervisory experience of staff accountants
- Advanced knowledge of SAP, reporting and analytics tools (TM1). Experience with lease accounting software experience a plus
- Experience working in regional environment with multiple countries and local requirements
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age