Columbia Sportswear Company Director of Marketing, NA in Portland, Oregon
Director of Marketing, NA
United States, Oregon, Portland
100004TF Requisition #
May 29, 2018 Post Date
The Director of Marketing for N America will manage all marketing execution and regional strategy within the region, including all brand communications (traditional and digital media, social media, PR), as well as retail environments, key accounts, omni-channel marketing, sponsorships, events, and other tactics that apply specifically to the region. They will partner closely with Global Brand Management and Global Brand Environments to apply global stories and initiatives wisely within the region and work with local and global resources to create region-specific marketing that creates successful market sales for the region.
- Manage all marketing execution and strategy regionally for the Columbia Brand.
- Create and deliver all brand communications (traditional and digital media, social media, PR), as well as retail environments, key accounts, omni-channel marketing,sponsorships, events, and other tactics that apply.
- Partner closely with Regional Brand Management and Global Brand Environments to apply global stories and initiatives wisely within your region and work with local and global resources to create region-specific marketing, as appropriate.
- Relay regional market intelligence to global organization and assist with transcreation of global campaigns.
- Ensure regional markets have the tools they need to successfully and properly represent the Columbia brand.
- Client Recruitment campaigns, programs and tools
- Program Planning, Execution, and Daily Operations
- Directs the interaction between Global Marketing, Merchandising, Education
- Demand Planning, and other cross-functional groups in the planning and execution of marketing programs including budget management, field planning and execution, and field communication
- Supervises, develops, and trains direct reports to lead planning and execution of programs.
- Guides marketing team to direct, prioritize, organize, and integrate activities across all business channels.
- Collaborates with online group to maximize online programs and bolster retail sales
- Understand field executional issues and operational constraints, make recommendations and lead changes
- Directs development and execution of retailer-exclusive marketing programs execution via direct report
- Guide the development of retailer presentations of the marketing program, with the goal of generating support for all programs
- Work with CSC Digital Marketing team, to lead changes to the CSC website in order to better service the direct to consumer
- Act as a liaison between N.A. Sales and Global Marketing
- Business Analysis and Program Success Measurement
- Make analytically supported recommendations to influence sales performance
- Regularly provide industry intelligence, research, competitive information and analysis to Global Marketing and President
- Guides marketing team in conducting analyses to measure the effectiveness of marketing programs
- Analyze field feedback, sales data, distribution information, promotional activity, changing business conditions and competitive activity that may influence plan performance.
- New Product Launch Budget Management
- Develop and consolidate the annual North American Marketing budget and monitor it in conjunction with VP of Global Marketing and Finance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 10 years of broad experience in consumer marketing for a brand, including retail environment, key account, traditional media, digital media, event, and sponsorship activation required.
- 7+ years leading people in a marketing function.
- Strong people leadership.
- Proven skill in managing an omni-channel environment.
- Able to set clear priorities and stick to them.
- Good listener and collaborator.
- Able to provide clear rationale and true inspiration.
- Able to build strong partnerships.
- Good at following brand direction and executing with excellence.
- Wise enough to adapt direction without losing the objective. Strategic and able to understand the underlying incentives, challenges, and opportunities.
- A true champion and voice for their region in global brand marketing decisions. Great communication output to keep everyone aligned within the team and beyond the team.
- Able to contribute significantly and add an enterprise view to the broader leadership of global brand marketing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age