Columbia Sportswear Company Facilities Inventory Spec III in Portland, Oregon
Facilities Inventory Spec III
United States, Oregon, Portland
1000052D Requisition #
Jul 02, 2018 Post Date
General Position Summary:
To plan and forecast material needs for the maintenance and facilities departments in order to ensure availability of parts and affective allocation of inventory and materials in the stockroom. Examining received goods for defects, storing merchandise, and keeping track of inbound and outbound materials. Maintains detailed records specifying the shipment or receipt of materials. confer with department manager to determine progress of work and completion dates; and compiling reports on progress of work, inventory levels, costs, and lead-time problems.
- Analyses pertinent data such as usage history, lead times, inventory, distribution equipment analysis and market trends in order to maintain established operational readiness metrics
- Conducts and improves forecasting activities and methods in order to maintain effective inventory levels
- Develops and maintains documentation and procedures for demand planning processes and systems to ensure that material needs and requirements are effectively met
- Prepare and report forecast and inventory measurements to communicate to maintenance management
- Provides Lead Time (LT) analysis and recommends forecasted material ordering based on Operations Maintenance plans in order to ensure timely availability of material requirements
- Coordinate with Maintenance in order to ensure effective Material requirement Planning (MRP) and works closely with Purchasing to ensure material delivery as per MPR
- Reviews levels of inventory in order to identify excess or obsolete material and take appropriate action to reduce inventory
- Familiarity of Faciliworks 8
- 2 – 3 yrs. experience in distribution center or warehouse and logistics management.
- Retail industry knowledge
- Previous Coordinator, lead or supervisor experience preferred.
- WMS (Warehouse Management System) experience
Job requires hours that may occasionally exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during times of peak activity. Evening meetings and/or weekend work occasionally required to collaborate with people in other time zones and to ensure timely project completion. The ability to sit for extended periods and to bend, kneel, and stoop. Ability to operate telephones and computer hardware and software.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age