Columbia Sportswear Company Floor Supervisor - Portland,OR - PDX Airport in Portland, Oregon
Floor Supervisor - Portland,OR - PDX Airport
United States, Oregon, Portland
1000052K Requisition #
Jul 02, 2018 Post Date
Floor Supervisors are responsible for sales floor operations and providing direction to Sales Associates. As a member of the Store Leadership Team, they support the company mission: “Connecting Active People With Their Passions”. Come join the adventure at Location in City.
- Providedirectionand guidance to Sales Associates to ensure efficient and effective floor operations, customer service, coverage, and execution of visual standards.
- Train Sales Associates on product knowledge and store procedures such as cash register transactions, product flow procedures, and visual standards
- Supervise and authorize cash register transactions made by Sales Associates.
- Performopening and closing procedures such as balancing registers, preparing cash bags, and activating security system.
- Performexcellentcustomer service by assisting customers with questions, concerns and product information
- Provideefficient order management from placement of orders to delivery of goods.
- Createandmaintain an environment of strong sales and exceptional customer service through teamwork, coaching associate and leading by example.
- Maintain a high professional standard of individual behavior by demonstrating respect, courtesy, and professionalism to align with Columbia Sportswear Company expectations.
- Performotherduties as assigned.
- HighSchool Diploma or equivalent.
- Prefer 3 years previous retail operations experience with at least one year of retail supervisory, management or leadership experience.
- Combination of previous experience, education and relevant experience considered.
- Skill in operating personal computers, POS systems,and various software packages including Microsoft Word and Excel are needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of company personnel through oral and written means is required.
- Effectiveretail math experience/aptitude/ability required.
- Time management and ability to use good judgment and make sound decisions are required.
- Job may require hours that often exceed8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during peak periods.
- Availableto work store schedule – Sunday to Saturday.
- Physical requirements include the ability to use telephone, computerized systems; perform repetitive movements of the arms and shoulders, stand for extended periods of time up to 8 hours per day, move freely around store, bend, twist, reach, squat, climb a ladder and regularly lift/carry up to 40 pounds.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age