Columbia Sportswear Company Global Managing Director, Creative in Portland, Oregon
Global Managing Director, Creative
United States, Oregon, Portland
100004TD Requisition #
May 29, 2018 Post Date
Responsible for the strategic direction and operational management of the Global Marketing Communications teams, the photo and video teams, and the digital media design team, responsible for supporting the Columbia family of brands. Provide an ongoing assessment of resources needed (both employee and monetary) for each group to contribute to the attainment of the company’s global brand enhancement goals and objectives.
Interface/collaborate with all disciplines within Marketing (PR, Promotions, Retail and International), sales, and executive management to ensure the visual voice of the brands remains consistent.
Responsible for managing the development ofvisual representations of the brand through certain print, in-store, environmental, and electronic messages. Ensure that the company’s various audiences including stockholders, retailers and consumers are faithfully and consistently exposed to the brand’s positioning and voice. This includes managing the design, development and production of the following items:
- Corporate materials such as annual reports, employee communications, investor presentations, etc.
- Retailer materials such as sales catalogs, in-store displays and graphics, training materials, trade show graphics, etc.
- Consumer materials such as hangtags, in-store signage, flagship windows, websites.
- Digital media including mobile applications and digital catalogs.
- Development of seasonal photo and video briefs, as well as on-location art direction.
- Overall management responsibility for staff of full time employees and contract employees.
- Evaluating personnel requirements, making hiring decisions, conducting performance reviews and training.
- Responsible for the development, management and execution of website strategies for multiple brands which impact awareness, recognition and positive emotional response to each brand online.
- Manage contract design and agency relationships.
- Manage all freelance lifestyle photography as well as in-house digital product photography. Ensure photography supports brand segmentation strategies.
- Establish a visual voice(s) for the CSC brand across all communication channels which includes the following:evaluate, hire, and manage relationships with freelance photographers; interface with merchandising on product to feature in lifestyle shoots; supervise photo editing and image selection, coordinate sharing of photography globally, manage distribution of photography through digital asset management system, art direct shoots on location as needed.
- Provide art direction for the creation of all graphic and web based materials including but not limited to corporate collateral, sales tools/catalogs, in-store graphics, hangtags, trade show graphics, photography, websites.
- Oversee Brand Guide and police use of branding by both internal and external stakeholders.
- Review proposed logos for product use, international marketing and licensee materials.
- Work closely with International Marketing Manager to provide tools and feedback to international partners to ensure consistency of brand communications around the globe.
- Coordinate activities/projects with Global Brand Creative Director to enhance and maintain overall brand image and marketing consistency. Projects include but are not limited to the creation of tools such as the Marketing SharePoint site, electronic version of marketing support book, sales meeting presentations for the marketing department, department activities and corporate events.
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience in a position of providing a high level of design direction and management to a diverse group of designers and creatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in graphic arts, marketing, business or a related field. MA highly desired.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Must have strong creative and design abilities, marketing, promotional and communications techniques and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of print production as well as web techniques, practices and trends required.
- Have advanced level of creative and business related computer skills including spreadsheet and word processing applications.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age