Columbia Sportswear Company Maintenance Mechanic - Weekend Day Shift in Portland, Oregon
Maintenance Mechanic - Weekend Day Shift
United States, Oregon, Portland
100004ZB Requisition #
Jun 26, 2018 Post Date
Responsible for maintenance of all equipment and facilities at the Distribution Center, with an emphasis on the conveyor and sorter systems.
Schedule: Saturday through Wednesday, 5:50am - 2:20pm
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance for all warehouse and office equipment to ensure proper operating conditions. Equipment includes conveyors, racking, lighting, security, forklifts, material handling equipment, fire protection and plumbing systems.
- Maintain logs of all preventive and breakdown maintenance performed on conveyors, forklifts and fire protection systems.
- Complete tasks assigned by Maintenance Supervisor/Manager.
- Ensure that all tasks are completed in a safe, timely and correct manner.
- Perform light janitorial duties and other duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent.
- 5-7 years’ experience maintaining warehouse equipment required.
- Possess strong working knowledge of practices regarding hazard communication, chemical usage, material safety data sheets, lock out/tag out, emergency evacuation procedures and emergency generation procedures.
- Possess intermediate computer skills.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Physical ability to climb stairs and ladders, climb stairs and use ladders, sit and stand for extended periods of time, and regularly lift/carry up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to use a variety of hand and powered tools, and possess an aptitude for mechanics. Ability to move freely through the distribution center.
Job may require hours that often exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week to complete priority projects.Exposure to Distribution Center machinery/equipment such as conveyor belts, forklifts and loading docks.Occasionally lift/carry over 60 pounds.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age