Columbia Sportswear Company Warehouse Associate I - Shipping - Swing Shift in Portland, Oregon
Warehouse Associate I - Shipping - Swing Shift
United States, Oregon, Portland
1000051Q Requisition #
Jun 28, 2018 Post Date
Contribute to the distribution of product from Columbia Sportswear Company’s Distribution Center by ensuring our product is received, labeled, inventoried and shipped according to customer expectations and demands. Our state-of-the-artand climate-controlleddistribution centers provide excellent career opportunity and growth, with full medical and dental benefits, 401k matching, bonus opportunity, and deep discounts on Columbia Sportswear, Mountain Hardwear, SOREL and prAna products as well as a fun, family-oriented work environment.
The starting wage for this position is up to $14 per hour plus full benefits.
Swing Shift hours: 2:50pm - 11:20pm
- Receive incoming product and affixing proper labeling.
- Make boxes according to pick labels, load on cart and pick to appropriate box.
- Unload cases from pick cart, verify accuracy of packing. Seal cartons and send to shipping.
- Dispose of empty cartons.
- Maintain accuracy and attention to detail while using Warehouse Management System (WMS) to ensure accountability for all units.
- May operate manual or automated material handling equipment, such as forklifts, pallet jacks, and/or order pickers.
- Frequent lift/carry up to 40 pounds.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Possess knowledge of warehouse operations.
- Possess basic computer skills or ability to be trained on the computer.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods of time on grated surface.
- Ability to perform repetitive arm/shoulder movements.
- Job requires ability to repetitively lift/carry up to 40 pounds for the length of the shift.
- Consistent attendance and punctuality are required for this position.
Job Conditions :
Job may require hours that often exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week to complete priority projects. Exposure to Distribution Center machinery/equipment such as conveyor belts, forklifts and loading docks.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age