Columbia Sportswear Company Workload Automation & Operations Analyst in Portland, Oregon
Workload Automation & Operations Analyst
United States, Oregon, Portland
1000051C Requisition #
Jun 30, 2018 Post Date
As ColumbiaSportswear’s Workload Automation & Operations Analyst you’ll partner withthe Global Operations Center in support of IT systems and applications worldwide. Within this role you will manageGlobal Batch Processing and support day-to-day workload automation activities
inclusiveof process analysis and new technology integration.
You will beresponsible for technology integration, process analysis and system, networkand application concerns, addressing outages as they occur across Columbia’sglobal networks. You’ll research, troubleshoot and resolve varied issues,escalating to engineering teams as needed. You’ll prioritize remediation of issues in a 24 x 7 environment withcritical up-time requirements.
- Monitor and analyse global job streams and trends to identify opportunities to improve stability and performance
- Manage workload automation runbook process
- Provide procedural guidance on job scheduling
- Responsible for reviewing and approving Job Scheduling changes via Columbia’s change management process.
- Maintain and improve policies, procedures and best practices for job schedulers
- Provide jobs scheduling training to new application team members
- Open and manage incidents with software vendors
- Batch monitoring and project participation for on-premise infrastructure and cloud applications and services
- Perform pre-engineered operational functions on core applications and infrastructure devices.
- Work with application and system engineering teams to deploy application code, software, patches and vulnerability fixes.
- Partner with teams across multiple time zones
- Supports multiple technical teams in 24 x 7 operational environments with high uptime requirements. Varied shift schedules may include day or evening hours.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Information systems or related field
- 3-5 years’ work experience performing workload automation and operational support duties.
- Applied job scheduling and workload automation experience
- Experience with enterprise batch scheduling software such as Cisco Workload Automation (Tidal), Control-M, Autosys, etc.
- Experience creating and maintaining run books for distributed batch operations
- Experience optimizing batch processing and scheduling
- Operational and batch monitoring experience in cloud hosting environments
- Operational fault finding and root-cause analysis in complex systems
- Powershell experience preferred
- Experience with configuration management tools such as CHEF and PUPPET
- Working knowledge of APIs
- Experience in network, server and cloud computing monitoring
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft windows with the ability to efficiently diagnose system issues and implement effective solutions.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age