Columbia Sportswear Company Seamstress in Richmond, California
United States, California, Richmond
100004YO Requisition #
Jun 15, 2018 Post Date
Mountain Hardwear is looking for a full time Seamstress to contributeto the satisfaction of customers by performing repairs onreturned product.
- Perform repairs in an efficient and timely manner to a “good as new” condition.
- Use all necessary equipment and machinery required in garment reconstruction.
- Cut fabric pieces when necessary.
- Frequently lift/carry up to 10 pounds.
- Maintain positive open lines of communication with all Mountain Hardwear management, staff and other departments in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
- Ability to cope with a stressful work environment and cordially interact with coworkers to accomplish common tasks.
- High school education orequivalent. Three to five years’experience in garment construction and/or repairs required.
- Possess knowledge and skill torecognize problems and repair a variety of garments.
- Ability to communicate with theWarranty Manager when a problem with a garment is identified by thereoccurrence of repairs.
- Ability to prioritize work andcomplete assignments in a timely manner.
- Physical and mental ability tooperate an electronic sewing machine and other repair equipment.
- Physical ability to sit forextended periods of time, make repetitive hand/wrist and arm/shouldermovements, and frequently lift/carry up to 10 pounds.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age